If you are looking for repairing your Windows 10, resetting the OS, booting into the safe mode or restoring from the backup file you need to go to the Advanced Startup Options menu. In order to navigate to Advanced Startup Options there are various different ways which depend upon whether you can boot up or not. You can also learn about Fixing a Boot Configuration Data File is Missing Error in Windows 10.
Method 1: Hitting F11 key
On various computers if you will press the F11 key the moment you PC is switched ON you can get access to the Advanced Startup Options menu.
Method 2: Wait for the Computer to Take you There
If Windows 10 face a startup error it may take you to the Advanced Startup Options menu on booting.
Method 3: Boot Off of an Install Disk
Now if you got an install disk on USB or DVD you can easily boot off of it and then get into the Advanced Startup Options menu that way.
- 1st of all create a bootable Windows 10 install disk.
- Then boot off of the disk and for that youm ay need to hit the button on your laptop for telling it to boot off of removable media.
- Now click Next.
- After this click Repair Your Computer.
- In the next step you are required to click Troubleshoot.
Method 4: Press Restart with Shift Key Down
- In this method you need to follow these steps.
- Click on the Power button icon in the lower right corner.
- Now hold down shift and click Restart.
- Now click Troubleshoot on the screen which appears.
- Now you need to click Advanced Options.
Method 5: Using the Setting Menu
- 1st of all you need to navigate to settings.
- Then click Update and security.
- Select Recovery from the menu.
- Now you need to click Restart Now. The computer will boot to an options menu.
- In the next step you need click Troubleshoot.
- Now click on Advanced Options.