Text boxes can be used for drawing the user’s attention towards the specific text. Text boxes can also be used for moving the text around in your document. MS Words will let you to format text boxes and the text included in them with various different styles and effects. You can also learn about Inserting Page Breaks in MS Word 2016.
Inserting a Text Box:
- 1st of all you need to select the Insert tab and then click on the Text Box command in the Text group.
- After this a drop-down menu will appear here select Draw Text Box.
- Now click and drag anywhere on the document for creating the text box.
- The Insertion point will appear inside the text box and now you can type for creating text inside the text box.
- Now in the next step you can select the text and then can change the font, color and size by using the commands on the Format and Home tabs.
- Now in order to return to the document just click anywhere outside the text box.
Moving a Text Box:
For moving the text box you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click the text box which you want to move.
- Now hover the mouse over one of the edges of the text box. The mouse cursor will change into a cross with arrows.
- Now click and drag the text box to the desired location.
Resizing a Text Box:
For resizing your text box you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click the text box which you want to resize.
- Now click and drag any of the sizing handles on the corners or sides of the text box until you get your desired size.