Whenever you are working with the multi-page documents you need to have more control over how exactly the text flows. Break can be very helpful in such cases and these breaks are of many different types to select from depending on what you require which include page breaks, section break and column break. You can also learn about Spell Check Feature in MS Excel 2016.
Inserting a Page Break:
For inserting page break in your document you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to place the insertion point where you are required to create a page break.
- On the insert tab you need to click the Page Break command and for that you can also press Ctrl+Enter from your keyboard.
- The page break will be inserted into your document and the text will move to the next page.
Section break creates a barrier between various different parts of the document letting you to format each section independently lime you may want one section to have two columns without adding columns to the whole documents. MS Word offers several types of sections breaks.
- Next Page: This option will insert a section break and moves text after the break to the next page of the document.
- Even Page and Odd Page: These options will add a section break and move the text after the break to the next even or odd pages.
- Continuous: This option will insert a section break and lets you to continue working on the same page.
Inserting Section Break:
- 1st of all place insertion point where you need to create the break.
- On the Page Layout tab you need to click the Breaks command and then select the desired section break from the drop-down menu.
- A section break will appear in the document.
- Now the text before and after the section break can now be formatted separately.
- The formatting will be applied to the current section of the document.