Data comparison becomes very difficult when you are working with lots of data in your workbook. MS Excel includes several tools which will make it easier to view the contents from various different parts of workbook. MS Excel includes the ability to freeze panes and split your worksheet. Now you may want to see some specific rows or columns all the time in your worksheet like header cells. By freezing the rows and columns in place you can scroll through your content while continuing to view the frozen cells. You can also learn about How to Disable Windows 10 Startup Delay.
For freezing the rows you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the row below the rows which you want to freeze. Like if you want to freeze row 1 you will have to select row 2.
- On the view tab you need to select Freeze Panes command and then select Freeze Panes from the drop-down menu.
- The rows will be frozen in place and now you can view the frozen row all the time while scrolling down the worksheet.
- 1st of all you need to select the column to the right side of the column which you need to freeze.
- On the View tab you need to select the Freeze Panes command and then select Freeze Panes from the drop-down menu.
- The column will be frozen in place and now you can scoll across the worksheet while continuing to view the frozen column on the left.
Unfreezing Rows and Columns:
For unfreezing the rows and columns you need to click on Freeze Panes command and then select Unfreeze Panes from the drop-down menu.