If you have got Windows 10 in your laptop and one day when you turn ON your laptop you are welcomed with error code 0xc0000034, “The Boot Configuration Data file is missing.” Don’t worry your data is not lost and you can get it back. But for regaining the access of your files you have to do a little work.You can also learn about How to Make Your own Windows 10 Theme.
For fixing a configuration data file boot error in Windows 10 you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to insert your installation media into your computer.
- Now you need to boot to the media.
- Now click on Next on the Windows Setup menu.
- Now you need to click on Repair your computer.
- In the next step you are required to select Troubleshoot.
- In the next step you are required to click on Advanced options.
- Now pick Command Prompt.
- Next you need to type Bootrec /fixmbr and then press Enter key.
- Now you ar required to type Bootrec /fixboot and then press Enter key.
- In the next step you need to type Bootrec /scanos and then press Enter key.
- Now you are required to type Bootrec /rebuildbcd and then press the Enter key.
- Now in the next step you are required to type “A” in order to add the installation to the boot list and hit Enter.
- Now you need to exit the command prompt with the X button on the top of the window.
- Now you need to click “Continue” in order to go to your desktop.