In Windows 10 there are loads of enhancements which has boosted the performance of your operating system. Now if you have got a fast SSD than you are used to high startup speeds but hang on you can make the startup even more faster by simply disabling the startup delay which Windows includes to keep your hardware from overtaxing. It is a legacy addition and it’s not necessary with modern SSD’s. Now if it causes issues you can undo it later every time. You can also learn about Getting the Old Volume Control UI in Windows 10. In order to disable the Windows 10 Startup Delay you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to open regedit and you can access regedit by simply typing regedit in the Cortana search bar and pressing Enter.
- Now you need to click Yes on the pop-up asking if it’s ok to make the changes to your device.
- Now find the HKEY_Current_User folder and then by navigating to Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Serialize.
- If the erialize folder does not exist you need to go up one level and then right click the folder for Explorer and create a new key entry named Serialize. Now if the folder is always there you can safely skip this step.
- Now right click the Serialize folder and then select New>DWORD Value.
- Now you need to right click the new value and select Rename. Now name it StartupDelayInMSec.
- In the next step you need to double click the DWORD and set the value to 0.
- Now press OK.
With these simple steps you will be able to disable the Windows 10 Startup Delay.