MS Word is a text editor which can be used for creating text documents easily. MS Word is the main tool of MS Office and it is the most widely used text editor all over the globe. Hyperlinks in any document will guide you to some websites and email addresses. There are various different ways for inserting hyperlinks into your documents. Depending upon how you want your link to appear you can use Word’s automatic link formatting or convert text into a link. Hyperlink has got two basic parts which are the address of the webpage and the display text. MS Word often recognizes Email as well as web addresses as you type in and convert them into hyperlink automatically. You can also download Text Boxes in MS Word 2016.
Formatting Text with a Hyperlink:
- 1st of all select the text you want to format as a hyperlink.
- Now select the Insert tab and then click the Hyperlink command.
- You will notice that Insert Hyperlink dialog box appear.
- The selected text will appear in the Text to Display: field at the top.You can change the text if you want.
- In the Address: field you need to type the address which you want to link to and then click on OK.
- The text will be formatted as a hyperlink.
Editing and Removing Hyperlinks:
Once the hyperlink is inserted you can easily edit, open, copy and remove it by right clicking over it.
- For removing the hyperlink you need to right click the hyperlink and select Remove Hyperlink from the menu which appears.